What’s Going on in Guatemala?
We are currently developing our ministry property to have a youth camp and church retreats. We will also be able to host larger teams
What is “Ministerio Casa Verde” – “Green House Ministries”?
Paul moved to Guatemala in 2006 after serving 10 years with Mercy Ships. In Guatemala Paul met his wife Hilda and they were married in 2010. Paul and Hilda, both had served in a ministry called Youth With a Mission (YWAM) and had a similar ministry vision for Guatemala. In 2009 Paul and Hilda formed Ministrio Casa Verde and started serving the poor and mal- nourished children, most who were living in the city garbage dump. The ministry involves working with and ministering to youth and young adults, not just in the dump but in the parks and streets of Puerto Barrios, Guatemala.
Social Projects: We have completed several community projects in the past such as, repairing roofs on houses of the elderly, water projects, electrical projects and construction projects. Most of the projects revolve around receiving missionary teams and the teams helping complete the projects physically and financially.
In 2020 Hilda passed away from cancer and one of her dreams was to have a school / daycare center where poor children from the area could be cared for and have good meals. Paul has a vision to use the same school on weekends to give an education to the young adults who were not able to complete their studies.
How can you help?
- Pray for this ministry that God will release the needed funds and staff to move forward and expand His kingdom.
- Pray for Paul, as leader of the ministry for guidance, direction, and also for his finances, as a missionary he depends on offerings and does not get a salary.
- To open doors with the local community to gain trust and support of the local business owners as well as the local government.
- Pray for the rest of the ministry staff and helpers as they are volunteers and often have needs.
- Email: [email protected] This email can be used for PayPal and Zelle
- Ministry Phone USA: +1 850.932.8086 – Guatemala +502 7942-9838